You might be confused by this post’s title. I don’t blame you. What’s a real mother’s day? Have I never given my mother a proper Mother’s Day?
Duh. Of course NOT. What kind of daughter would I be? What I mean is that I’ve finally been able to celebrate Mother’s day in it’s entirety from Friday to Sunday since I graduated from high school, which was 5 years ago.
So I’d like to dedicate today’s post reflecting on the weekend through this series of delicious Mother’s Day food. A SPECIAL SHOUTOUT and THANK YOU to all the mother’s out there. Without you, we all wouldn’t be here.
Mother’s Day Eats #1: Friday Dinner at Free Time Hangout
2170 86th St Brooklyn, NY
Mother’s Day Eats #2: Breakfast at Bath Beach Diner
2028 Bath Avenue Brooklyn, NY
Mother’s Day Eats #3: Lunch at Westfield Mall
Mother’s Day Eats: Dinner and Desserts
Can you spot the following dishes?
- Braised E-Fu noodles with mushrooms
- Soy sauce chicken
- Roast duck
- Seafood vegetable medley
- Sweet and sour beef
- Eggs two way fried rice
- Salt and pepper squid
- 3 kind salt and pepper flavored fish fillets
- House special stir fry
- Snow pea leaves with thousand year old egg
- Shrimp and pork egg rolls
- Sweet and sour spare ribs
- Beef stew with bean curd
- Louvre: chocolate mousse, hazelnut mousse, hazelnut dacquoise, crispy hazelnut wafer and dark chocolate glacage
- Decadence: 64% dark chocolate mousse, grue de cacao cocoa nibs and flourless chocolate cake. *Gluten Free*
- Beaux Arts: cassis mousse with passion fruit cremeux and raspberry coulis on a sable breton.
George V: dark chocolate nousse and vanilla mousse filled with caranel, peanuts and sacher biscuit.
- Sacre Coeur: mandarin mousse, matcha panna cotta, and almond pound cake.